Saturday, April 24, 2010

This blog entry turned out differently than I thought it would....

View picture of date night posted in the entry below...

I am studying for finals this week... The retarded thing is, I am so bad at studying. I definitely have some self control issues.
I feel guilty when I don't study, but when I do study I feel guilty too because I get distracted every 5 minutes (right now I'm typing with my biology book under the keyboard). 

Today Sheri Dew came and spoke to our district's Relief Society. She said some incredible things about our missions in life that God has planned for us. I was thinking about this exact thing as I was sitting there waiting for it to start. 
Me and my friend Jenna always talk about how many dreams we have that people say we can't accomplish and they say they aren't important because they will set us back in our schooling and stuff. I always used to roll my eyes at them. I still do actually... haha. But I do see now that God has a mission for me. I have a specific purpose that I was sent here to earth to achieve that no other can accomplish. I may have things I want to do like; a foreign exchange trip to Germany next spring, going back to Africa with Mothers Without Borders, working in California for awhile, nannying back East, getting my master's degree in nursing then going on to get certified in alternative holistic nursing, etc etc etc.... But those may or may not be what my Heavenly Father has planned for me. When I pray to know if these things are right he may give me an answer. Or the answer may be I can do whatever I want to do, but it may hinder my mission or change my blessings. Every choice we make has consequences good or bad, even if it may not be a bad decision. Satan can use anything against us even if its not negative (although more often than not, it is).

She said it much better than I can, but I guess the point is... If we don't align our will with God's then we will never accomplish all we were sent here to accomplish or fulfill our entire potential. 
Mosiah 15:2-5 says... 
 2 And because he dwelleth in flesh he shall be called the Son of God, and having subjected the flesh to the will of the Father, being the Father and the Son—

  3 The Father, because he was conceived by the power of God; and the Son, because of the flesh; thus becoming the Father and Son—

  4 And they are one God, yea, the very Eternal Father of heaven and of earth.
  5 And thus the flesh becoming subject to the Spirit, or the Son to the Father, being one God, suffereth temptation, and yieldeth not to the temptation, but suffereth himself to be mocked, and scourged, and cast out, and disowned by his people. 
That is how the Savior became one with God and we must as well.


Britter OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment