Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fall 2010 at SUU

Okay so I want to express my feelings about going to school before school and then compare them to how I feel after I've experienced it all.

I'm really excited to have an apartment this year with a kitchen and everything instead of yucky dorms! I may have gone a little overboard on buying fun things for it, but we'll see. I'm not going to know any of my roommates again this year so I am praying that they are good LDS girls. At first I was scared about this, but now I know that the Lord will bless me with people whom I can learn from and that even if we don't get along I can always make other friends.
I'm really excited for my classes. I am not looking forward to selling my right arm for all of my books I'll have to buy-medical books are the most expensive. I seem to have quite a bit of free time in my schedule, but I know I will be working really hard because they will all be very challenging. I have been considering getting a job though... I mean I love planning my schedule around school, its so much fun to have that be my life, but I know I do need to save money for future years (who knows when I'll need money for a wedding!) and jobs are good for me and for society. I am prepared to have no social life if needs be. But I have been spoiled with that lately anyways! Everyone tells me that once I get my braces off (TOMORROW!!!) the boys will be all over me. We'll see about that. I wouldn't mind ;)
I want to get really involved this year. I want to join a service club of some kind. I also want to start a club. I think I want it to be a study club. Me and my dear friend Zania decided we will call it AIC (opposite of CIA lol) which will stand for "Acquiring Intelligence Club"-- doesn't that sound much more official than study club? We will all meet once a week and talk about effective ways we've learned how to study whether it was through research or a class or a teacher or fellow student. We could also work on getting speakers to come teach us come studying tricks. I think it would be great! I need to work on getting funding from the student board to see if we can really get it rolling.
I will be sad to leave my family. Growing up is sad because I feel like I should pull away from my family and be dependent, but I don't at the same time. I think I will do it gradually and not necessarily pull away from them, just that our relationships will change because we're further away and such. I think sometimes its easy for my family to pull away from me because they seem so caught up in their own things a lot... I don't understand this because I'm not that way-- family is very important to me. 
Hmm... what else? 
I don't know, but overall I know it will be a great semester. As of now I will not be going back for spring, but we'll see what happens. I just want to follow the path the Lord wants me to follow. Pray that I may have his guidance please :)
And I am praying for all of you, my loved ones.




Britter OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment