Thursday, March 25, 2010

Its a Brittany thing...

Have you ever noticed that all Brittany's are blonde or rude or something? I was talking to someone the other day about this. Its like what we name our children almost affects who they will grow up to be. Maybe not.... but it sure seems like it. I will have to name my children really awesome names so that they will be really awesome. But see the cool thing about me and my name is that I overcame the challenge of a name like Brittany; I rose above it. Haha.

Today was a good day. It was like one of those days that lasts for so long, but its actually not a bad thing!

Story 1: Okay this actually happened yesterday, but it was an epic moment. This boy Tyson in my ward is absolutely gorgeous, and surprisingly nice and funny and all those things that you just don't expect in that cute of a guy. Well we had a "moment" yesterday. 
Ok so that story wasn't that great, but I liked it.

Story 2: I am writing this story for creative writing about this old couple and the letters that the woman wrote to her husband while he was in the army that she never sent. Its called "The Letters She Never Sent". Hahaha. Anyone have a more creative title? Or do you think that's good? I'm supposed to be working on that right now actually....
Story 3: I got a letter from Justin 3 weeks in a row!!! Its a record ladies and gentlemen! Put it down in the books, call the newscrew!

Story 4: Today after percussion ensemble I went rock climbing with this boy Curtis. I haven't been in a long time and I have never belayed before. So today I did a few runs and it was fun but I for sure need to do some workin out. Then he showed me how to get all set up with the "gri gri" which is what holds the rope with the right tension and stops them if they fall, but you have to work the rope through the right way for it to work. So I was doing that for him and trying to be ever so careful that he didn't drop to the ground when he fell. Then he fell. Oh I had him alright, I had him so good that I even put my own flesh into it. I was holding the rope wrong (which no one had warned me about) and the rope pulled my hand into the metal with it. The fleshy part of my hand between my thumb and fingers... yeah black and red and mushy pretty much. So he's hanging there and my hand is stuck in there with all the full weight of him on the rope on the metal on my hand and I'm like "Ow.... Uh Curtis. This hurts." And he's all "What happened? Are you going to let me down?" And I'm just like Ow.... Ow.... Ow.... And luckily this guy saw me, came over, and pulled the rope to take the weight off so I could pull my hand out. Then I sucked it up and tried climbing again and everyone was like ummm doesn't that kill? But I am so brave so I could do it. Till I couldn't. Then I left. He wasn't that great of a date anyway. Not very polite.


I think that's all the stories for today...

This weekend I am going to drive up North and go to the Holi festival at the Radha Krishna temple--the color festival!!! Its going to be so much fun. I've always wanted to go so I'm driving up there specifically for that! But there's a member of the first quorum of the seventy coming to speak this weekend for the Sunday fireside so I want to be back for that maybe... Its a debate because I would like to stay and see my grandpa sing in The Messiah. We shall see. 

I'm feeling a renewed love for all of those whom I love. I just think you are all so great and I'm so grateful for you in my life. I hope that I can touch all of your lives as you have touched mine :)

 Britter OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment